Yinchuan 银川 and Ningxia 宁夏
Places worth seeing:
– Helan Mountain; Hèlánshān 贺兰山
– Yellow River; Huánghé 黄河
– Sand-Lake (Sand Lake Scenic Resort);
– Great Wall; chángchéng 长城
– Mosques and Pagodas (Hǎibào Pagoda 海豹; the famous Buddhist architecture from the West Xia Kingdom Chengtiansi Pagoda chéngtiānsì 成天寺);
– Tombs fénmù 坟墓 (the West Xia Imperial Tombs known as the ‚Pyramids of China‘);
– a lot of sand shāzi 沙子
– oasis lǜzhōu 绿洲
– in the south of Ningxia, Liupan Mountain.
– the Desert Research Centre Shapotou, on the southern rim of the Tengger Desert, established in 1956 to find ways of preventing the sands from encroaching onto the railways, and one of China’s four singing sand dunes.
Ningxia is the home of Chinese Muslems.